Bachelor of Management Studies is a 3-year undergraduate course, involving an advanced study of the management practices used in business and corporate firms, and basic concepts in human resource education, economics and business studies.
The program is spread over 6 semesters, lasting over 6 months each, and as for minimum eligibility, aspiring candidates need to attain a minimum aggregate score of 50% in Class 12, for applying to this course.
Bachelor of Management Studies Admission Process
Most of the colleges admit students on the basis of their performance in class 12. Some institutes conduct entrance exams to admit prospective students, like Delhi University, Mumbai University, among others.
Admission process generally varies across colleges, but the main process involves one of the following:
- Direct Admission, based on Merit.
- Through Performance in the Entrance Exams, followed by subsequent rounds of interview and counselling conducted by the concerned university/institute.
The round of counseling comprises 2 additional rounds of Group Discussion and Personal Interview, wherein the candidate’s general aptitude for the course is tested. A merit list is then released by the institute, allocating seats to the qualifying candidates.
Bachelor of Management Studies Eligibility
Listed below is the minimum criteria of eligibility that interested candidates need to fulfill in order to apply for the course.
- A Higher Secondary (Class 12) qualification from a recognized educational Board.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50%(General) and 45%(SC/ST) at the 10+2 level.
- Students who opted for the Commerce stream are generally given preference, although students from Science or Arts streams are also welcome to apply for the course.
Bachelor of Management Studies Entrance Exams
Entrance exams are conducted either by the university or separately by the colleges or institutes to screen students for the admission process. Class 12 marks are also considered.
- DU JAT: DU JAT is conducted by Delhi University for admission into various courses, including BMS course.
- AIMA UGAT: AIMA UGAT is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) to screen the capable candidates for admission in various courses, including BMS course.
- MUCMET: Mumbai University Common Management Entrance Test (MUCMET) is conducted every year for admission to the Integrated BMS+MBA course offered at Mumbai’s Thane Sub Campus.
Bachelor of Management Studies: What is it About?
- This is the undergraduate course in Management Studies which has been designed to offer to eligible students specialization in a wide range of managerial skills, and training in management efficiency and productivity.
- It also builds competence in a particular area of business management in the corporate world.
Aims & Objectives:
- The program aims to educate enrolled students about the basic concepts of the academic discipline of Human Resource Management, such as employee retention, labor relations, etc. and the application of such knowledge in the field for improving management efficiency.
- One of the principal objectives of the program is to expose students practically to the behavioral aspects of an organization and on the hierarchy-based interaction of the same.
- The course offers candidates the opportunity to acquire leadership qualities essential in managing and working in a team, and also to improve the presentation and problem-solving skills that can help prepare students for prospective managerial roles.
- Such effective management skills are essential to building and maintaining productive and innovative work and corporate environments.
Why study Bachelor of Management Studies Course?
BMS course is considered a perfect course for students who wants to make themselves comfortable in the corporate and business management field because graduates are gone through the required training and gain the required skill set to work efficiently.
- Students are taught different learning management techniques and are able to communicate effectively with diverse audiences, using a variety of technological/non- technological formats.
- They become proficient in implementing appropriate practices, encouraging team building, and mentoring junior members of the group.
- They are interested in researching, planning, and developing procedures and processes in order to ensure optimal organizational performance.
Career Growth and Personal Growth:
- BMS course opens the path towards the management field in various sectors, which could be private or government. You will get good opportunities to work in project management, finance, product management, business development and many more.
- The average starting salary of BMS graduates is around INR 3-6 Lakhs, and after getting enough experience and skills, you can earn more than INR 10 LPA.
- Your personality development also takes place while working on different projects, handling everything from the management scenario, and you attain skills like time management, team building which directly or indirectly will help you in your personal growth.