Diploma in Civil Engineering is a 3-year long course in engineering, specializing in the design, construction, and maintenance of physical and naturally-built environment, such as roads, bridges, canals, dams and buildings.
Diploma in Civil Engineering is a 3-year long course in engineering, specializing in the design, construction, and maintenance of physical and naturally-built environment, such as roads, bridges, canals, dams and buildings. The minimum eligibility criterion required for the candidates is to pass 10th with minimum 50% marks. Students enrolled to the course are offered adequate exposure to reinforced concrete structures, quality control, material testing, construction management & entrepreneurship, professional practice and office procedures, extensive survey, building drawing, irrigation & bridge drawing, structural engineering drawing. Candidates also get exposure to software applications like AUTOCAD & STAAD.
Such professionals are hired in capacities such as Assistant Manager, Civil Engineering, Assistant Field Inspector, Construction Site Assistant Supervisor, Assistant Faculty Member, Executive Engineer, Project Engineer/ Co-ordinator, Quality Control Engineer, Researcher, Chief Engineer, Division Head, Civil Engineering, Project Manager, Civil Engineering, Senior Engineer, Supervisory Engineer, Professor/ Teacher, Independent Consultant, Director of Public Works, etc.
Diploma in Civil Engineering: What is it About?
Civil engineering is the division of engineering concerned with the building, designing, planning, and maintenance of the material and naturally built surroundings.
It is one of the oldest and largest branches of engineering. Civil Engineers are professionally responsible for overseeing design and construction of industrial plant buildings, transmission towers/lines, waterworks, river navigation, airport runways, skyscrapers, power plants, irrigation canals, traffic control infrastructure, dams, shipping canals, bridges, rail-roads, sewers and highways.
A Civil Engineer typically possesses advanced supervisory and managerial abilities. Civil Engineers work in groups or teams with numerous different engineers.
Diploma in Civil Engineering: Eligibility
Listed below are the minimum criteria which candidates interested in pursuing the course are required to fulfill, in order to be eligible to apply for the course.
Successful qualification of class X, with Science, Math, and English as 3 of the main subjects, and with a minimum aggregate score of 50%, and an ITI- qualification.
Successful qualification of class XII with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as 3 of the main subjects, and a minimum aggregate score of 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
Diploma in Civil Engineering: Admission Process
Most institutes offering the course admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test. Admission process generally varies across colleges. However, a few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level
Listed below are some of the entrance exams conducted in the country for admission to the course.
· Arunachal Pradesh Joint Entrance Examination (APJEE)
· Assam Polytechnic Admission Test (Assam PAT)
· Bihar Diploma Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination (DCECE)
· Chhattisgarh Pre Polytechnic Test 2020 (CG PPT)
· Delhi Polytechnic Common Entrance Exam (Delhi CET)
· Haryana Diploma Entrance Test (HSTES DET)
· Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Admission Test (HP PAT)
· J&K Diploma Polytechnic Entrance Test (JKBOPEE Polytechnic)
· JEXPO and VOCLET WB Polytechnic Entrance Exam
· Joint Entrance Examination Council of Uttar Pradesh (JEECUP)
· Jharkhand Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Exam (Jharkhand PECE)
· Kerala Polytechnic College Admission Test
· Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education Polytechnic Entrance (MSBTE)
· Madhya Pradesh Pre Polytechnic Test (MP PPT)
· Odisha Diploma Entrance Test (Odisha DET)
· Punjab Joint Entrance Test (Punjab PET)
· Rajasthan Polytechnic Admission DTE Rajasthan
· Polytechnic Common Entrance Test Telangana State (TS POLYCET)
· Uttarakhand Polytechnic Entrance Exam (UBTER JEEP)
· Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET)
· Polytechnic Admission Test Rajasthan (DSRRAU PAT)
· Polytechnic Common Entrance Test Andhra Pradesh (AP POLYCET)
Diploma in Civil Engineering Admission after 10th
Some institutes admit students through direct mode of admission, that is, on the basis of marks scored in 10th board examination. Students can contact particular institute and fill up the form accordingly. Eligibility criteria for admission to this course is minimum of 45% marks in each subject along with Science and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
Diploma in Civil Engineering Admission after 10+2
Students should have cleared 10+2 examination in Science stream with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks. The mode of admission to this course varies for different institutes. Some conduct entrance test and some provide admission direct mode, that is, marks scored in 10+2.