BA LLB (Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Laws) is a professional integrated law course which is suitable for students who want to become a lawyer, an advocate, a legal advisor, or want to make a career in law and judiciary.
You can pursue this 5 years course right after passing Class XII. BA LLB Syllabus includes both Arts/Humanities subjects such as Sociology, Philosophy, History, Political Science, etc. and Law subjects such as Family Law, International Law, Constitutional Law, etc.
Apart from these theory subjects, practical training is also provided in the form of moot courts, case studies, research work, and law internships, which makes this course interactive and interesting
BA LLB Admission 2020-2021
Admission Process usually takes place through the entrance exams. You can take admission through CLAT, AILET, SET etc. There are very few universities that take admission just on the basis of merit, like Unitedworld School of Law.
BA LLB Eligibility
Students should meet the minimum criteria set by different colleges, which is as follows:
- You should have scored atleast 45% in Class XII from a recognized board. For reserved category, the minimum marks is 40% in Class XII.
- You should be more than 17 years of age.
Law Entrance Tests 2020-2021
Following are the major BA LLB entrance exams in India:
- TS LAWCET 2020: This exam is conducted by Osmania University for admission into LLB and integrated LLB courses across Telangana.
- AP LAWCET 2020: This exam is conducted by Sri Krishnadevarava University for admission into LLB and integrated LLB courses across Andhra Pradesh.
- MHT CET 2020: MHT CET 2020 is conducted by State Common Entrance Test Cell on behalf of Directorate of Technical Education for admission into various law courses including LLB across Maharashtra.
- AILET 2020: This is a national level exam and its scores are largely accepted in almost all the law colleges. It is conducted to be in May, 2020.
- CLAT 2020: Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam for UG and PG law courses offered at NLUs and other colleges/ universities accepting the scores.
- LSAT 2020: LSAT is an entrance exam conducted by the Law School Admission Council for UG and PG law courses. The test scores are accepted in more than 80 colleges across India.